Wednesday, June 11, 2008

QUESTION 4 : What do you think stops Korean teachers from realizing their educational ideal?

I think many Korean teachers make many efforts to make good role models for their students. But when it comes to our real world, they feel fruststated by the difference between the ideal and reality. For example, we teach our lovely students that they should be brave and honest all the time. But I think we cannot live that kind of life. What do you think of this idea?

3 comments:

justin said...

Hi, Robert.
Your question is very difficult to answer. One thing is that the reality is always far from the ideal. My thought is that we need to accept that fact and teachers should live a common life as a human being. Students would learn from a teacher who lives an honest life.

hanah said...

Teacher is a job not a positon of God. I know how high standard people want from a teacher and every complaint is from too much need from a teacher. I think Justin gave the right answer.Anyhow devoting students can be worthy...Let' do our best for students...We can be a teacher becase of students.

Donna said...

We always frustrated by the reality which is a bit different from the ideal. But one thing obvious is that we shouldnt stop making an effort to get the reality closer to the ideal despite the everyday frustration.