Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Qustion 5 : What do you usually call your spouse(boy friend)?


I used to call my girlfriend "sweetheart" or "honey". But nowadays I always call my wife "Yeabin's mother" or sometimes "jaggi". Once in a while, after drinking lots of alcohol I call my wife honey as usually as before marriage? I don't know why I get changed so differently.

7 comments:

justin said...

Hi, Robert.
Please... Please... Think of your age. There is no one who doesn't change as time flows.
It's not so far away when you call your wife .... I envy Robert who calls his wife "Honey".

Robert said...

Hi, Junstin!
Thank for good advice. When I think over that, now I feel embarrassed. Later on I will make effort to use the work "Honey" or "YeoBo" instead of say "JJaggi".

Nicole said...

Hi Robert,
In English we often use food as an endearment. For example, pumpkin and sugar. I guess it's the same in Korea also. After 45 years of marriage, my father still calls my mom by these cute endearments.

Anonymous said...

Hi Robert,
In my case, I call my husband 'jagi". From before marriage until now, addressing my husband doesn't change.

Jason said...

Hi Robert,
Sometimes small things can develop big troubles. Don't get confused when you call your wife especially when you are drunk. As for me, I usually call my wife 'yeobo,' but I sometimes call her 'Junsu's mom' when we are with my parents or parents-in-law.

jaejoon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jaejoon said...

Hi Robert,
This is a very interesting question. I call my wife 'Yeobo', and 'Dangsin' which are honey and sweetheart in English, I suppose.
Before we got married, we called 'Seonsengnim' each other because we were co-teachers in a school. Today, many wives call their husbands 'Oppa.' That doesn't sound good. My wife likes to be called by her own name'Wonhee.' So, my parents call her by her name. It sounds much more lovely.